Electric towel rails can be energy-efficient, especially compared to other forms of heating. Here are a few reasons why electric towel rails are considered energy-efficient:
- On-Demand Heating: Electric towel rails allow you to heat your towels and bathroom space only when needed. Unlike central heating systems that heat the entire house continuously, electric towel rails can be easily turned on and off as required. This on-demand heating helps to minimize energy waste by providing heat precisely when it’s needed.
- Zone Heating: Electric towel rails offer the advantage of zone heating, which means you can heat specific areas, such as your bathroom, independently from the rest of the house. Instead of relying on the central heating system to heat the entire home, you can focus the heat on the area where it’s needed, saving energy and reducing heating costs.
- Quick Warm-Up Time: Electric towel rails typically have a quick warm-up time. They use efficient heating elements that allow them to reach the desired temperature within minutes. This means you don’t need to keep the towel rail running for an extended period to achieve the desired warmth. By heating up rapidly, electric towel rails minimize energy consumption.
- Programmable Options: Heat&Things electric towel rails come with an optional Bidex controller This allows you to set specific heating schedules for your towel rail. You can program it to turn on shortly before you need to use it and automatically turn off after a set duration. This level of control helps optimise energy usage, ensuring that the towel rail operates only when necessary. They are also thermostatic so can be set to only come on when the temperate drops below a certain value.
- Energy-Saving Modes: Some electric towel rails offer energy-saving modes or thermostatic controls. These features enable you to set lower temperatures or reduce the heat output while still providing sufficient warmth. By utilising these energy-saving settings, you can conserve energy and reduce your overall electricity consumption.
It’s important to note that while electric towel rails can be energy-efficient, the overall energy consumption depends on factors such as usage patterns, insulation in the bathroom, and the specific power rating of the towel rail. It’s advisable to choose energy-efficient models, follow manufacturer recommendations for optimal usage, and use the towel rail judiciously to maximise energy savings.
Below is just a few of the electric heated towel rails that we sell at Heat&Things: You can shop our full range here
Tirana Electric Stainless Steel Towel Rails£72.01 – £113.01
Davos Stainless Steel Electric Towel Rails£103.50 – £161.52
Algarve Stainless Steel Electric Heated Towel Rails£119.00 – £186.50
Riga Stainless Steel Electric Heated Towel Rails£102.47 – £183.36
Traditional Electric Ball Jointed Chrome Plated Brass Towel Rail£168.00
Extra High Heat Output Chrome Curved Electric Towel Rails£102.94 – £195.46